5 Tips to chose a Primary Care Provides
Let’s imagine we live in an ideal world where you can pick any primary care provider you want (insurance is not an issue). Here are 5 tips to help you narrow your choice
- Male or Female – This eliminates 50% of the available providers – you may only want a female doctor or NP for your primary care needs
- Family Practice Vs Internal Medicine – Family practice physicians/NP’s are able to treat patients of all ages, from newborns to the elderly. They are generalists who can treat a wide variety of conditions, and often can also treat ailments you’d normally see a specialist for, like sports injuries or some women’s health needs. Internal Medicine –physicians/NP’s typically treat adults and specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and management of disease and chronic conditions.
- Ask your Friends – Who do they use or even better who do the doctors themselves use for their doctors/NP’s – you may be surprised
- Logistics – Do you work 9-5 ? What are your doctors office hours and how quickly can you get an appointment for an emergency are they also located conveniently to your job or home. What about evening hours ?
- How do they practice – Does your doctor/NP practice holistically with a open mind towards diet, exercise, and complimentary therapies.
You can always call the office and try to schedule a meeting with the primary care provider if the provider is agreeable or look out for local area networking events where the provider is possibly a speaker so that you can learn more about them.
Remember – the relationship with your provider is going to be personal – it is important to invest some time in your choice.
You can contact Dolores at 561-866-1211 or email@example.com